The Solutions Architect – Professional certification exam validates advanced technical skills and experience in designing distributed applications and systems on the AWS platform. This is the definition of this certification, from aws site.
Now, to take this exam, you need a set of requirement to ensure you master the skills in the right way. I put up some recommendations based on my reading, and i made sure i comply myself to those. Some may be required or optional for you, but as they said, “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein.
Requirements or recommandations
- Two or more years of hands-on experience designing and deploying cloud architecture on AWS
- AWS architect Associate (optional)
- AWS website where you can CONTINUE to practice, meaning 1. is a must. This refer to Exam Readiness: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional.
- Be familiar with best practices in architectural design across multiple applications/projects in an enterprise
- Some understanding of hybrid cloud infrastructures
- Familiarity with the AWS CLI, the AWS Management Console, AWS APIs, the AWS Billing Console, and AWS CloudFormation
- Have an active aws account
You will need to understand the examination process and the exam structure and question types to be efficient and perhaps successful in the study. You may also need to allocate time to review AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam materials
My week work will consist of reviewing 5 and aws CLI,AWS CloudFormation which i did not use much in a daily basis
The plan for weeks to come: As you may know the exam has 5 subject domain and i am mapping each topic to a week of learning and practice
- Week 2: Design for Organizational complexity
- Week 3: Design for New Solutions
- Week 4: Migration Planning
- Week 5: Cost Control
- Week 6: Continuous Improvement for Existing Solutions
So let s move to week2